- November 23, 2020
- Posted by: bloomgcfo
- Category: Tax
PUBLIC NOTICES 10/11/2020
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) informs Customs Clearing Agents that their licenses will expire on 31st December 2020 with the exception of the 3-year Authorized Economic Operators (AEO).
Provisions relating to the licensing of customs clearing agents are contained in Section 145 of the East African Community Customs Management Act, 2004 and Regulations 149-152 of the East Africa Community Customs Management Regulations, 2010.
The applications for renewals are for AEOs (whose licenses are expiring in December 2020) and the companies that were vetted, found compliant and approved by the Customs Agents Vetting Committee.
The applications shall be accompanied by:
- Duly filled form C20 (available on the KRA Website)
- Current CR 12
- Tax Compliance Certificate for the company
- Tax Compliance Certificate for all Directors
- Certificate of Bond clearance • Copy of previous C21 (License)
- KIFWA Clearance certificate for year of application Note: Applications for Renewal of Customs Agents Licenses should be submitted through the iCMS platform, https://icms.kra.go.ke, on or before 4th December 2020.
Commissioner of Customs & Border Control